POLICE SERVICE CADET (Part-time)
The Milford Police Department, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants for part-time Police Service Cadet positions.
The primary responsibilities of this position include performing a variety of administrative, bookkeeping, clerical and a variety of other functions in support of the daily operations of the Police Department. Police Service Cadets will also be responsible for providing timely and appropriate customer service, assisting in the maintenance and transport of Department vehicles and equipment, and assisting on-duty Police Officers as requested.
Applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications at the time of application:
- A high school diploma, or equivalent, supplemented by additional college-level coursework or other related training.
- No prior experience required, but prior Police Department or customer service experience is preferred.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office and other common office software, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid State of Michigan Driver's License.
- Must possess or be able to obtain basic CPR and First Aid certifications.
These positions offer starting wages of $14.50 per hour, based upon qualifications and prior experience. Work schedules available up to 24 hours per week with a variety of shifts available.
Please submit a cover letter, recites and completed Village of Milford Employment Application (available at www.villageofmilford.org). Application materials should be submitted via postal mail or in person to Administrative Assistant Lisa Werner, Milford Police Department, 1100 Atlantic Street, Milford, MI 48381.
The Village of Milford is an equal opportunity employer, seeking applicants without regard to race, gender or other protected status.